The 16th Globelics Conference was hosted by the CSIR-Science and Technology Policy Research Institute (STEPRI) in collaboration with Africalics.
Ghana is the fourth African country after South Africa, Senegal and Ethiopia to host the GLOBELICS annual Conference. This presented an opportunity to showcase Ghana. There is a government agenda to create an industry in every district to generate jobs and improve livelihoods especially in the rural areas. The output of the Conference was expected to contribute immensely to the options of the government in achieving this flagship project dubbed “one district one factory”.
- Prof. Felix Asante, ISSER, University of Ghana
- Prof. K.J. Joseph, Center for Development Studies, India
- Dr Dorothy Effah, AGRA, Ghana
- Ms Nora Ndege, African Centre for Technology Studies (ATPS), Kenya
- Prof. Peter Knorringa, Institute of Social Studies, The Hague
- Ms Mikanay Hailemaria Seifu, Wageningen University and Mekelle University, Ethiopia
- Prof. Kehinde Taiwo, National Center for Technology Management, Nigeria.