The ‘2013 Africa-EU Cooperation Forum on ICT’ is the sixth of a series of conferences organised by the EuroAfrica-ICT Initiative under the aegis of the European Commission (EC, DG CONNECT) and the African Union Commissions (AUC, Information Society Division) and in the framework of the Joint Africa-EU Strategic Partnership (JAES):
- March 25-26, 2009 – Brussels, Belgium
- February 4, 2010 – Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- December 7-8, 2010 – Helsinki, Finland
- November 14-15, 2011 – Cape Town, South Africa
- November 28-29, 2012 – Lisbon, Portugal
- Gideon Abate [Apposit ‐ Ethiopia] Building appropriate solutions: Making cooperation in technology design work
Apposit is a system designed by Ethiopia-based technology firm for use in the agricultural value chain. The system provides different services to farmers such as information on market prices, agricultural tips and practices as well as general communication through short message services and interactive voice response through mobile phones.
- Saskia Harmsen: [IICD The Netherlands] Bring on the Youth: Experiences in transforming agriculture through youth engagement
- Fanos Mekonnen: [ILRI ‐ Ethiopia ] Knowledge Management and Communication Expert,
- Sintayehu Alemayehu: [MercyCorps ‐ Ethiopia] Using ICT tools to serve pastoral communities in East Africa
- Review of ICT4Ag 2013: The Digital Springboard for Inclusive Agriculture ‐ Findings and way forward. This was followed by open discussions on Implications, Opportunities and Priorities for ICT4Ag Research.