The AEC brought together policy-makers, researchers and development practitioners from Africa and from around the world to make strategic contributions for accelerating agro-allied industrial development.
focusing on the agricultural and industrial sector. In addition, the conference discussed successes, lessons learned and identify remaining gaps, challenges and emerging issues on the topic. It encompassed in-depth presentations of policy-oriented research by both established academics and emerging researchers from the continent and beyond who debated and recommended policy
options on how to accelerate Africa’s agricultural and industrial transformation.
Round-Table: The way forward to transforming Africa’s agriculture
- Eric Maskin, Nobel laureate and Professor, Harvard University, USA Download presentation: Eric Maskin
- H.E. Audu Innocent Ogbeh, Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, Nigeria
- Akinwumi Adesina, President, African Development Bank (AfDB)
- Abdalla Hamdok, Acting Executive Secretary, United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (ECA)
- Abdoulaye Mar Dieye, UN Assistant Secretary General and Director, Regional Bureau for Africa, United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)