7 July 2020. 3:15 PM – 6:00 PM CEST/CAT (Central Europe Summer Time / Central Africa Time). OFFICIAL MEETING. Launching the decade of action at a time of crisis: Keeping the focus on the SDGs while combatting COVID-19
- Including Keynote speakers: H.E. Ms. Jutta Urpilainen, EU Commissioner for International Cooperation + H.E. Mr. Victor Harison, Commissioner for Economic Affairs of the African Union Commission
- Launch of the preparatory process of the Food Summit 2021
7 July 2020. 9:00 PM – 10:00 PM OFFICIAL MEETING Ending hunger and achieving food security
- How might COVID-19 affect the implementation of needed food systems changes?
- Incl. Resource person: Mr. Bernard Lehmann, Vice-chairperson of the Steering Committee of the High Level Panel of Experts on Food Security and Nutrition (HLPE),
Andrea Carmen – International Indian Treaty Council
Bernard Lehmann – High Level Panel of Experts on Food Security and Nutrition
IFAD Pres Statement HLPF 2020 Zero Hunger Session
8 July 2020. 8:00 PM – 9:00 PM OFFICIAL MEETING Protecting the planet and building resilience
- Incl. Resource persons: Ms. Sandra Diaz, Co-chair of the Intergovernmental Panel on Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services (IPBES)
- Background Note
Mr. Theo De Jager, President, World Farmers’ Organisation (Farmers Major Group)
8 July 2020. 8:00 PM – 9:30 PM SDG training Food systems and nutrition patterns: Biodiversity, Resilience and Food Security
- Learning sessions events will be held via Zoom video conference
8 July 2020. 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM Virtual Side event Building Back Better: Ensuring that nature, animal, and human wellbeing thrive post-COVID
- Creating resilient food systems and nutrition patterns.
- This side event will foster discussion and present NGO recommendations
9 July 2020, 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM. OFFICIAL MEETING. Mobilizing international solidarity, accelerating action and embarking on new pathways to realize the 2030 Agenda and respond to COVID-19: African countries, Least Developed Countries and Landlocked Developing Countries
- Incl. Keynote speaker: Ms. Agnes Kalibata, former Minister of Agriculture of Rwanda, President of the Alliance for Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA), and Special Envoy for the 2021 Food System Summit
13 July 2020. 4:00 PM – 7:00 PM. State of Food Security and Nutrition in the World 2020 (SOFI)
- The State of Food Security and Nutrition in the World 2020 (SOFI 2020) report presents the most recent and authoritative estimates of the extent of hunger, food insecurity and malnutrition around the world.
- This year, the report includes a special focus on transforming food systems for affordable healthy diets.
- It analyses the cost and affordability of healthy diets around the world, by region and in different development contexts. See concept note (2 pages)
- Organised by the World Farmers’ Organisation and IFOAM
- The side event aims at showcasing how the global farming community is responding to this unprecedented crisis.