15 January 2013. Ababa, Ethiopia, – In an event that highlights continued progress towards African agricultural sustainability, African Union Commission (AUC) Commissioner for Rural Economy and Agriculture, H.E. Rhoda Peace Tumusiime and Chief Executive Officer of the Consortium of International Agricultural Research Centers (CGIAR Consortium), Dr. Frank Rijsberman signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on behalf of the two organizations.
The MoU calls for joint actions to guide implementation of alignment of programs and support activities for CAADP, including:
- a research alignment plan that coordinates research programs with CAADP National Investment Plans;
- a Science and Technology Agenda for African Agriculture;
- a joint plan to support regional and sub-regional research activities;
- the development of joint African and CGIAR technology platforms;
- technical support;
- and joint sharing of information and knowledge.