21 October 2013.
Müncheberg Germany. Africa-Day at the Leibniz Centre for Agricultural Landscape Research (ZALF)
„Food Security in the light of Climate Change and Bioenergy – Challenges for Sub-Saharan Africa“
The objectives of the Africa-Day were to
- demonstrate interdisciplinary research knowledge and capacities at ZALF,
- discuss with selected experts of funding organizations and research institutions innovative research approaches and initiatives for Sub-Saharan Africa,
- link-up expertise and institutions for mutual exchange on research excellence and experiences and to
- build a network for potential collaboration on existing and further projects and activities. Future collaboration potentials will be debated and further steps of cooperation defined.
- Research Projects in Sub-Saharan Africa at ZALF: selected topics and research designs. (Stefan Sieber, ZALF)
- Trans-SEC „Innovating pro-poor Strategies to safeguard Food Security using Technology and Knowledge Transfer: A people-centred Approach” (Frieder Graef, ZALF)
- ZALF : Land Scape by Hubert Wiggering
- IPTS Research Projects in Africa (Sergio Gomez, EU Commission)
- BMBF perspective of research in Africa (Ramón Kucharzak, BMBF)
- GIZ perspective of research in Africa (Michel Bernhard, GIZ)
- MWFK perspective of research in Africa (Claudia Herok, MWFK)
- PTJ perspective on Trans-SEC
25th of October 2013. Article published in Märkische Oderzeitung (MOZ). The article is written in German.