Prof. Mkandawire on the East and Southern Africa platform
that is planned for October 2015 in Lusaka, Zambia.
18-20 February 2015. Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. Africa Fertilizer 2015 conference. Over 350 delegates from
55 countries attended the conference. The conference received the highest ever number of attending delegates from Africa – including 10 delegates from Ghana, 20 from Ethiopia and 25 from Kenya.
- H.E. Tefera Derbew, the Minister of Agriculture for Ethiopia updated the audience on the development strategies for 2015
- Khalid Bomba, CEO at the Agricultural Transformation Agency discussed the need for transforming agriculture in Africa
- Bashir Jama, the Soil Health Programme Director at AGRA covered the importance of complete fertilization of smallholder Agriculture in Africa
- E.M. Muriuki the Managing Director of MEA Fertilizers provided an update on blended fertilizer production in Kenya
- Jean Bakole the Regional Director of Ethiopia from the United Nations Industrial Development Organization discussed available mineral resources in Africa
- The expanded site features new content and media including company profiles, product catalogues and business directories.
- The revamped website equips fertilizer actors with rich resources and market information on fertilizer products, supply and operators, filling a longstanding knowledge gap that has traditionally inhibited Africa’s food security and agricultural development.
Mounir Halim the Business Development Manager at Argus FMB gives an overview of fertilizer development within Africa.