27-28 March 2015. Nairobi, Kenya. Africa Future Energy Forum. Global Energy Initiative and MCI-Middle East this forum. Themed as Unlocking Africa’s Energy Potential, the forum brought together major stakeholders to discuss the policy, technology, and financing aspects of unlocking Africa’s energy potential. The two-day addressed the following paramount questions:
- How to meet the energy demand of Africa’s growing economies and close the energy access gap?
- What is the ideal energy mix for Africa’s energy future?
- Can the gap between existing infrastructure and investment required to increase energy accessibility be bridged?
- Are the African governments ready to provide leadership and governance to bring an energy revolution in Africa?
The forum seeked to demonstrate the growing significance and viability of business and investment in the African energy sector and featured the following issues:
- Energy security in the changing African energy landscape
- Building capacity for power sector growth
- Global fossil fuel industry and oil and gas development in Africa
- Ensuring clean, safe and affordable energy for all
- Potential and trends in renewable sector
- Sharing of best practices, technology, and alignment of energy policies
- Financing energy systems of Africa
- Fostering corporate social responsibility and public-private partnerships
- Promoting role of youth and women in Africa’s energy future