23-29 September 2018. New York. Food systems, hunger and nutrition received a great deal of attention during Global Goals Week.
23 September 2018. Partnering to Address Acute Food Insecurity.
- The World Bank has partnered with key UN agencies,bilaterals, the ICRC, NGOs, academics, humanitarians and private sector partners to address these difficult challenges by developing the Famine Action Mechanism (FAM)—a Global Public Good which seeks to formalize,strengthen and incentivize the links between famine early warnings, finance and implementation arrangements.
- The FAM is the international community’s collective proposal for delivering on its commitment to promote a ‘zero tolerance’ for famine.
- This event provided a forum for showcasing the partnerships and progress made in the last year to develop the FAM at the global-and country-levels.
- Concept Note
- Animated video on the Famine Action Mechanism (FAM)
- Zeinab Badawi [Moderator], International Broadcaster and Chair, Royal African Society
- António Guterres, Secretary-General, United Nations
- Jim Yong Kim, President, World Bank Group
- José Graziano da Silva, Director-General, FAO
- Mark Lowcock, Under-Secretary-General, OCHA
- Henrietta Fore, Executive Director, UNICEF
- David Beasley, Executive Director, WFP
- Peter Maurer, President, ICRC Senior Representative (tbc),
- Amazon Web Services Senior Representative (tbc),
- Google Senior Representative (tbc), Microsoft