7 September 2020. This panel discussed new opportunities for the agri-food sector and the value chain actors offered by rapid urbanization, population growth, regional integration processes and free trade agreements in the continent.
- This panel shared various experiences and successes from policy, research, finance and private sector experts.
- It focused on the investments and changes needed to strengthen quality and safety in the food reaching urban centers.
- It showcased innovative solutions in key areas of the value chain, including finance, technology and knowledge.
- Isolina Boto – Head, Networks and Alliances, COLEACP
- Jane Maina – Managing Director, Vert Ltd Kenya
- Ayodeji Ibosiola – General Manager, L.A.T.C Agro, Nigeria
- Elizabeth Nsimadala – President, Panafrican Farmer’s Organisation (PAFO)
- Jeremy Knops – General Delegate, COLEACP
- Dr. Leonard Mizzi – Head of Unit, European Commission, Directorate-General (DG) for International Cooperation and Development – Rural Development, Food Security and Nutrition,
- Marco Wopereis – Director General, World Vegetable Centre
- Soléne Prince-Agbodjan – Credit Portfolio Manager, Agri Business Capital (ABC) Fund
- Dr. Ousmane Badiane – Executive Chairperson, AKADEMIYA