25 – 29 August 2014. Yaoundé, Cameroon. Agribusiness Development and Managing Risk and Uncertainty in African Agriculture: The role of Tertiary Agricultural Education”. This symposium coincided with the 20th Anniversary of ANAFE (the African Network for Agriculture, Agroforestry and Natural Resources Education (ANAFE) .
- Discuss the elements of risk and uncertainty in agriculture and the roles of TAE;
- Strategize on mechanisms and policies for coping with risk and uncertainty in agricultural production;
- Discuss policy and institutional issues for building appropriate capacity for the implementation of agricultural practices which minimize the impact of climate change risks;
- Discuss curriculum reforms and the need to strengthen agribusiness education in Africa;
- Reinforce the concept of profitable agriculture through agribusiness and to interest youth and women to advance in agricultural sciences.