4 March 2020. Brussels. InfoPoint Lunchtime Conference: “Agricultural Trade and the Transition to Sustainable Food Systems”. This presentation discussed the role of trade and global value chains in sustainable food systems and the role that private standards and public regulations play in this process, drawing on a variety of empirical indicators and studies.
- Willem Olthof – Deputy Head of Unit, DEVCO C1 – Rural Development, Food Security, Nutrition
- Dr. Johan Swinnen – Director General, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI)
See also the video recording here
Event Co-Organized by IFPRI and the Federal Republic of Germany to the United States
In follow-up to the GFFA 2020, IFPRI hosted a panel to discuss key topics around the role of trade in sustaining food security and nutrition in the face of current challenges to food systems, such as climate change, protectionist tendencies, and economic uncertainty. Panelists reflected on the trade-related decisions that developing and emerging countries must make as they seek to increase agricultural productivity, improve the functioning of food supply chains, integrate trade rules and environmental controls, and address food loss and waste.
- Friedrich Wacker, Director-General, Federal Ministry of Food and Agriculture of the Federal Republic of Germany
- Markus Brill, Agricultural Attaché, Federal Republic of Germany to the United States
- David Laborde Debucquet, Senior Research Fellow, IFPRI
- Martien van Nieuwkoop, Global Director Agriculture and Food Global Practice, World Bank Group
- Johan Swinnen, Director General, IFPRI
7 April 2020. Washington. LAUNCH EVENT – 2020 Global Food Policy Report: Building Inclusive Food Systems.
Livestream will be available on the official GFPR 2020 site.
- Keynote – Johan Swinnen, Director General, IFPRI
- Alan de Brauw, Senior Research Fellow, IFPRI
- Nadim Khouri, Independent Researcher, IFPRI
- Gracie Rosenbach, Research Analyst, IFPRI
- Rob Vos, Director, Markets, Trade and Institutions Division, IFPRI
- Laura Zseleczky, Program Manager, IFPRI
- Moderator Rajul Pandya-Lorch, Director, Communications and Public Affairs & Chief of Staff, Director General’s Office, IFPRI