The objective of this network was to connect scientists, academics and industries interested in research and collaboration. With a significant membership participating in web activities, the network now is organizing the first African Symposium on Mycotoxicology in September 2014 .
The objectives of this meeting will be to:
- Assess the occurrence and impact of mycotoxins on African food and feed chains;
- Discuss and facilitate the mitigation of mycotoxins on the continent;
- Coordinate scientific research efforts on mycotoxins on the continent;
- Strengthen continental and international collaboration and networking; and
- Establish an African Society of Mycotoxicology (ASM) under the auspices of the International Society of Mycotoxicology (ISM).
The 1st African Symposium on Mycotoxicology will be jointly organized by Stellenbosch University (South Africa) and the University of Nairobi (Kenya).