Drawing on both primary and secondary data, the book contributes to the literature on extension by applying a common and comprehensive framework — the “best-fit” approach — to assessments of extension systems, which allows for comparison across cases and geographies. Insights from the research support reforms — in governance, capacity, management, and advisory methods — to improve outcomes, enhance financial sustainability, and achieve greater scale.
- Frank Place, Director, CGIAR Research Program on Policies, Institutions, and Markets (PIM)
- Kristin Davis, Senior Research Fellow, IFPRI (Presentation)
- Margaret Najjingo Mangheni, Professor, Makerere University (Presentation)
- Hur Ben Corrêa da Silva, State Coordinator, Personnel and Career Development, Paraná, Brazil
- Suresh Babu, Senior Research Fellow & Head of Capacity Strengthening, IFPRI (Presentation)
- Honorable Bright Rwamirama, Minister of State for Animal Industry, Uganda Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries (MAAIF)
- Moderator – Catherine Ragasa, Senior Research Fellow, IFPRI