May 1 to October 31, 2015. Expo Milano 2015 has launched a call aimed at the recognition and promotion of “Best Sustainable Development Practices on Food Security” (BSDP).
The Best Practices collection and recognition is supported by the Feeding Knowledge Program which aims to establish an international scientific network for research and innovation to promote and transfer knowledge on food security. The call is intended to collect experiences that have produced ameliorative effects in the specific thematic areas:
- Sustainable management of natural resources
- Quantitative & qualitative enhancement of crop growing products
- Socio-economic dynamics and global markets.
- Sustainable development of small rural communities
- Food consumption patterns: diet, environment, society, economy and health
The initiatives can be submitted until September 15th, 2014 by filling out the online application form in English, Italian, or French here or through the offline form that you can download in italian | french | english.
- The Fruits and Legumes Cluster will showcase: GAMBIA ; GUINEA ; BENIN ; DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF THE CONGO ; ZAMBIA
- The Rice Cluster will showcase: SIERRA LEONE
- The Cocoa Cluster will showcase: CAMEROON ; Ghana ; Gabon
- The Coffee Cluster will showcase: KENYA ; BURUNDI ; UGANDA ; Ethiopia ; Rwanda
- The Spice cluster will showcase: the UNITED REPUBLIC OF TANZANIA
- The Cereals and Tuber cluster will showcase: MOZAMBIQUE ; TOGO ; DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF THE CONGO ; ZIMBABWE
- The Islands, Sea and Food Cluster : Guinea Bissau
- The Agriculture and Nutrition in the Arid Zones cluster: MAURITANIA ; SENEGAL ; ERITREA