|Casa Italie, Invité spécial du sialy 2015:
Mme l’Ambassadrice reçoit les autorités
Camerounaises dans le pavillons Italien
21 – 27 April 2015. Yaounde, Cameroon. The 2015 edition of SIALY. For six days, individuals, common initiative groups, small and medium-size enterprises, public and private enterprises, companies and government ministries, showcased their activities and products with Yaounde inhabitants visiting, discovering, buying and making contacts.
- Sell the Cameroon trade mark. This involves promoting Cameroonian invention and knowhow in the agribusiness sector. It also affords a forum to showcase to the world Cameroon’s culture and touristic potential.
- Facilitate joint ventures amongst actors in the sector from the North and South
- Attract foreign investment to Cameroon.
- Offer trade opportunities between foreign investors and project developers in food processing
- Foster exchanges between project developers and funding organizations
- Unveil to the public new developments in agribusiness in Cameroon and abroad
The over 90 stands filled with over 200 exhibitors remained constantly crammed throughout the fair days. But what interested exhibitors was sealing deals with partners. To many, especially those involved in the processing of food stuff, selling their products was far from their objective. Example of some stands:
- Gilbert Ngnameko, the Executive Managing Director of Dryer Sarl, a Douala-based outfit for the production, processing, conservation and commercialisation of fruits, vegetables, roots and tubers, banana, plantain and scented plants, saw in SIALY, like other fairs he has attended, an avenue to establish direct funding partnerships with enterprises.
- The Buea-based SOYACONIA processes pasteurized garri, ginseng and ginger roots, moringa oleifera and the Soyaconia balanced diet made of soya bean, moringa, milk, carrot, beetroot and cocoa, SOYACONIA’s Derek S. Doh says SIALY has built his capacity. With the recent acquisition of equipment from South Africa, his company has established business contacts for optimal supply.
- Dory Food is a small business entity specialised in dry foods and vegetables.