In four sessions, over 420 participants heard from experts on the role of private companies in combatting COVID-19, the impact on food supply chains, their experience on plantation management during the Ebola crisis, and practical steps they are taking right now.
- Moderators Nienke Stam (IDH) and Gautier Quéru (Mirova).
- David Nabarro, World Health Organization Special Envoy, providing reflections on the role of land-based companies in combatting COVID19;
- Maximo Torero Cullen, Food and Agricultural Organization (FAO) Chief Economist, on the coronavirus, the food supply chain under strain, and ‘what to do?’;
- Matt Karinen, David Rothschild and Viganeswaran Ponnudurai, on the realities of plantation management during a virus outbreak sharing experiences from Liberia during the Ebola crisis;
- Tatiana Pachon, Chief Country Officer, Forest First Colombia;
- Kate Mathias, Compliance Director, Miro Forestry and Timber Products