24 February 2015. Brussels. Dialogue on food security and Policy Coherence for Development hosted by European Commission – DG EuropeAid and CONCORD.
DEVCO co-hosted with CONCORD this conference aiming at facilitating a multi-stakeholder dialogue between the EU, civil society, representatives from the EU Member States and the European Parliament on the relations amongst EU policies and programmes and their coherence with food and nutrition security objectives in developing countries.
- Implementing EU food and nutrition security policy commitments: first biennial report. (14 pages) (jointly produced by Austria, Belgium, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, the Netherlands, the United Kingdom and the EU)
- This report is accompanied by a Staff Working Document (SWD), which provides additional information and case studies. Staff Working Document: Implementing EU food and nutrition security policy commitments: first biennial report
- Policy Priority 1: Improve smallholder resilience and rural livelihoods
- Policy Priority 2: Support effective governance
- Policy Priority 3: Support regional agriculture and food and nutrition security policies
- Policy Priority 4: Strengthen social protection mechanisms for food and nutrition security, particularly for vulnerable population groups
- Policy Priority 5: Enhance nutrition in particular for mothers, infants and children
- Policy Priority 6: Enhance coordination between development and humanitarian actors to build resilience and promote sustainable food and nutrition security