17 October. Panel on Free Humanity from Hunger
The event started with a short message by the UN Rapporteur to the Right to Food Mr Olivier de Schutter on the importance and urgency of integrating the Right to Food in the post Millennium development Goals framework.
The panel was composed of:
– Mr Juan Carlos Cebolla, FAO, leader of team on Right to Food
– Fr Oreste, Director of Caritas Rwanda
– Mrs Ute Hausmann, Team manager of Food First Information and Action Network
– Mr Jean Pierre Halkin, DEVCO, Head of Unit Rural Development, Food Security and Nutrition
– Mr Justin Kilcullen, Director of Trócaire
The moderator was Ms. Monika Hoegen, experienced journalist on Development issues.