10 December 2020.
EUROMED R&I Cooperation: Milestones and Future Prospects
On the margins of the 25th anniversary of the Barcelona Process, the European Commission (EC), in partnership with the Union for the Mediterranean (UfM) organised a regional seminar to take stock of the EUROMED R&I cooperation and informing the wider community of R&I stakeholders in the region about recent developments and future prospects. Objectives:
- Inform participants on the most recent developments EUROMED R&I cooperation initiatives and progress since 2017 La Valetta declaration;
- Present success stories of R&I cooperation in the region (under H2020, ENI, CBC MED)
- Inform participants about the current and future R&I priorities in the region;
- Provide participants with a networking opportunity.
- Mr. Nasser Kamel, the Secretary-General of the Union for the Mediterranean
- Ms. Maria Cristina Russo, Director for International Cooperation at DG RTD of the European Commission
- Ms. Rasha Smadi, Director for International Cooperation, Higher Council for Science & Technology in Jordan
- Ms. Rula Atweh, National Council for Scientific Research (CNRS), Lebanon
- Ms. Susan Khoeif, National Institute for Oceonography and Fisheries, Egypt
- Mr. Hichem Ben Hassine, Pasteur Institute, Tunis
- Mr. Guglielmo di Cola, Member of Cabinet, Commissioner for Research, Innovation, Education, Culture and Youth, European Commission, DG Research & Innovation