6-11 July 2014. Brussels. The European Association for Potato Research (EAPR) organized its 19th Triennial Conference.
The Belgian potato crop and industry have been rapidly developing in the last 15 years. In Belgium alone, the potato-cropped area increased from ca 33% during the last 15 years and the Belgian potato processing sector is now number-one in the world for export and in the top 3 for production with more than 3.5 million tons of processed potatoes.
Download the Full Program
Download the EAPR 2014 Detailed Scientific and Cultural Program
The African Potato Association is a non-profit organization that was launched in September 1985.
The objectives of APA are:
- To promote the interests of potato and sweetpotato workers in Africa.
- To act as a central source of information and resource exchange.
- To facilitate greater inter-country collaboration and horizontal exchange of information and exchange visits by scientists.
- To stimulate the development of potato and sweetpotato research, production, and utilization in Africa.
- To popularize potato and sweetpotato as important food items in Africa.
- To act as a link between the International Potato Center (CIP) and other relevant associations in the world and members/member countries.
- To monitor training opportunities to its members.