19- 24 February 2017. Benin. The Marketing and Consumer Behaviour Group of Wageningen University and Research (WUR) – represented by Dr. Anita Linnemann and Dr. Nout Rob – visited the the soy project funded by the Competitive Research Fund of PAEPARD in Benin: Re-engineered Soybean “Afitin” and Soybean Milk processing technologies in South and Central Benin (ProSAM).
The project addresses the low productivity of soybean processing units in South and Central
Benin and the low quality of the soybean milk and soybean “Afitin”, two soybean derived
product which have great opportunity for development since their demand on the market is
The domain of research and education of the Marketing and Consumer Behaviour Group’s program is food, agribusiness, and institutions interested in food and agriculture. It contributes to the knowledge in the field of marketing and consumer behaviour.
- the way beneficiaries will access to the research results: to this end, Mr Rob offered the website www.soyinfocenter.com to access a wide range of information on soybean;
- the organization of a workshop in September 2017: It is envisaged to organize a workshop to close the project with the participaton of the European partners.
- the selection of a Master student to conduct soybean afitin shelf life study during the period of June 2017.
Objective: It is expected that nine viable soy seed production enterprises will be installed.
Members research group
- SOJAGNON – Association for the Development of Soybean Benin
- UAC/LSA – University of Abomey-Calavi / Laboratory of Food Sciences Benin
- IITA – International Institute of Tropical Agriculture Benin
- REDAD – Sustainable Agriculture Development Network Benin
- Wageningen UR, Marketing and Consumer Behavior Group The Netherlands