24-26 September 2018. Khartoum Sudan. (ISAF)
Within the scope of the initiative of HE/Omar Al-Bashir – President of Sudan to the Arab leaders about the “Arab Food Security” and being part of the global efforts towards achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs-2030), AICTO and the Arab Organization for Agricultural Development (AOAD) launched the initiative: “Smart Agriculture Forum” (ISAF) to be a platform gathering all potential stakeholders within the Arab and African regions and the rest of the world for an open and constructive debate.
The 1st Inter-Regional Smart Agriculture Forum initiated an Inter-Regional dialogue about the IoT and new technology trends by gathering high level personalities from the Arab, African regions and Internationally to :
- Emphasizing the role of the ICT, mostly IoT technologies in agricultural development within the Arab and African regions
- Appraising the “Smart Agriculture” role in bridging the digital divide within the two regions
- Empowering Arab and African farmers and workers through ICT use, to improve their practices
- Promoting joint “Arab action” towards building a common strategy to achieve “regional food security” including ICT as a key factor for sustainable agricultural development.
- Sharing knowledge and ideas about this IoT technology: specifically opportunities, challenges and threats…
- Increasing the awareness of Arab and African governments about the need of developing a strong capacity building plans.
- Contributing to the process of formulating appropriate policies and frameworks at the Arab and African levels to organize and facilitate the ownership of these technologies
- Boosting the inter-regional and international cooperation in the field of Smart farming in an endeavor to coordinate efforts and come up with sustainable solutions for the future of the agricultural sector.
- Climate-Smart Agriculture in the Near East North Africa Region – Dr. Babagana Ahmadu, FAO Representative
- Use of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) by Arab researchers and Extensionists in dissemination of Agricultural technologies – Mohamed Abdullah, Head of Agricultural Extension Department , ACSAD
- The value of Unmanned Aerial Systems for a Data Powered Agriculture – Dr. Ali Elbattay, Senior Scientist – Remote Sensing and Drones Technology, ICBA
- Precision Farming – Ms. Wang Li, director of International Cooperation Center, China Satellite Navigation
- Efforts of AAAID in Smart Agriculture (Challenges and Opportunities) – Dr. Halim Ben Haj Salah, Senior Agricultural Expert, AAAID
- ACSAD experiences in the modern technological applications for sustainable agriculture and natural resources management in the Arab region – Dr. Ahmed Khirishi, Expert of Forest and Rangeland Management, ACSAD
- Connected Fields for Africa – Mitigate farmers risk – Ahmad A Rashwan, Executive Manager SAW For Trade/ Egypt Representative Of Pessl Instruments (Austria) In Egypt
- ITU-T-SG5 Environment, Climate Change & Circular Economy – Eiman Farouk, Head of Environmental Effects Division, TRPA 1
- Integretad Management of olive Trees – Dr. Ahmed Awny Ahmed Farag, Director of Central Laboratory for Agricultural Climate Agriculture Research Center, Egypt