16-25 August 2018. Accra, Ghana. Lead Instructor training (LI) on Food Safety.
- SPS harmonization discussion, 16-17 August 2018
- Training sessions, PCQI and LI (PREVENTIVE CONTROLS QUALIFIED INDIVIDUAL AND LEAD INSTRUCTORS), 20-25 August 2018
The Current Good Manufacturing Practice, Hazard Analysis, and Risk-based Preventive Controls for Human Foodregulation (referred to as the Preventive Controls for Human Food regulation) is intended to ensure safe manufacturing/processing, packing and holding of food products for human consumption.
- The regulation requires that certain activities must be completed by a “preventive controls qualified individual” who has “successfully completed training in the development and application of risk-based preventive controls”.
- This course developed by the FSPCA is the “standardized curriculum” recognized by FDA; successfully completing this course is one way to meet the requirements for a “preventive controls qualified individual.”
- These courses are taught by Lead Instructors trained by the FSPCA, who have been instructed in how to teach the FDA-recognized standardized curriculum.
- The situation analysis of the national SPS committees (NSPSC) as well as the case study has brought the participants to discuss what will be the solution to improve the functioning of the SPS committees on the region.
- The proposal is a strategy/action plan of three years which is described below. The annual workplan will follow the calendar of the SPS events as set for each of the three international standards setting organizations (OIE, IPPC, CODEX), the WTO SPS Committee and the regional and continental events on SPS work.
- The funding of the activities will comefrom national budgets, AU, ECOWAS and development partners.
Training and Materials
- FSPCA Preventive Controls for Human Food Course
- FSPCA Preventive Controls for Human Food Blended Course
- FSPCA Preventive Controls for Human Food Lead Instructor Training
- Selection Criteria for Lead Instructor
- Lead Instructor Course Schedule
- FSPCA Preventive Controls for Human Food Participant Manual (English)
- FSPCA Preventive Controls for Human Food Participant Manual v1.2 S1 (Spanish)
- FSPCA-Errata-Sheet-for-Versions-1.0-1.1 for Participants
- FSPCA PCHF Errata Sheet for Version 1.2 for Instructors/Participants
- FSPCA Human Food Bookstore
- FSPCA Preventive Controls for Human Food Courses
- FSVP Module for Preventive Controls