successful first Foresight4Food workshop held in
This follow-up event developed a clear strategy for how food systems foresight could better meet the needs of policy, business, and civil society at different scales. It also examined key dimensions of food systems change and different approaches to foresight. Outcomes from the workshop included an action plan, governance arrangements and a resource mobilisation strategy for taking forward the Foresight4Food initiative.
The themes were:
- Emerging systemic risks and transformational opportunities in food systems
- Tracking changes in key dimensions and trends within food systems
- Understanding the different foresight and scenario approaches
- Identifying differing foresight needs for policy, business, civil society, and international collaboration
- Partnerships, governance, funding, and actions needed for furthering the initiative