1 June 2021. 13:00-15:00 PM. (Central European Summer Time/Central Africa Time – CEST/CAT)
To join this session, click on the link below:
This meeting requires a passcode to join.
This session on stakeholder engagement organized by FARA and EAFF aims at demonstrating the value-added of the AU-EU partnership in FNSSA by focusing on lessons learnt from PAEPARD project. Specifically, the session intends:
- To share lessons learnt (successes and challenges) in building the multi-stakeholder partnership between African and European partners on FNSSA;
- To showcase how PAEPARD has dealt with power relations between farmer organizations (FOs) and researchers to prioritize research in what was called Users’ led process (ULP);
- To mobilize African & European ARD stakeholders to support the implementation of AU-EU R&I partnership roadmap on FNSSA and the bi-continental platform.
- Moderator: Monica Namumbya Kapiriri (Freelance Development Consultant). Monica was a key consultant to train Agricultural Innovation Facilitators (AIF) to set up multi stakeholder research consortia which involves the Farmers’ organisations and Agri MSMEs (Micro & Small and Medium Enterprises)
- Opening: Aggrey Agumya, Director of Research and Innovation, FARA
- Closing: Philippe Petithuguenin (CIRAD) Introduction on the AU-EU Platform on FNSSA (IRC?)
- Short presentation on PAEPARD: Jonas Mugabe, Lead Specialist Research, Policy & Investment. Also, Former PAEPARD Project Manager
Short video on the improvement of the shelf life of soybean milk by the Association of women of Zogbodomey
Questions asked during the interview:
· How can research be prioritized based on the needs of the private sector?
· Could there be a conflict of interest?
· What type of European expertise would be needed for ago-processing and packaging?
· What is the problem of food safety in Africa?
· How serious is the aflatoxin contamination?
Panel Discussion: New research needs of Farmers’ organisations and Agri MSMEs (Micro & Small and Medium Enterprises)
Brief history of PAEPARD Dgroups:
2008: Creation of the PAEPARD Dgroup for the African research priority setting discussion for the 1st Global Conference on Agricultural Research for Development (GCARD) which was held in Montpellier from 28 March to 1 April 2010.
2009: Creation of the PAEPARD blog
2018. Integration of the PAEPARD Dgroups and blog in FARA
2020. Since COVID-19: weekly aggregation of (the high number of) FNSSA webinars
Members Dgroup: 11,660 Including, CGIAR subscribers, FAO, IFAD, international donors (AU, EC, AfDB….), bilateral donors (USAID and the majority of European Union donors, …)
Monthly views PAEPARD blog: on average 30,000 to 40,000 views per month
Thematic briefs: (+ en français)
- Le rôle des partenariats multipartites entre l’Afrique et l’Europe, illustré par le problème de la contamination par les aflatoxines des denrées alimentaires et des aliments pour animaux
- The role of multi stakeholder partnerships between Africa and Europe, exemplified by the issue of Aflatoxin contamination of food and feed