14 – 17 June 2016. Rome. GACSA Annual Forum: Climate-Smart Agriculture in Action. GACSA’s
ambitious future is based upon supporting and inspiring action. Farmers, fishers, foresters, and ranchers are at the center of this action, and therefore GACSA is devoting its Annual Forum to showcasing climate-smart agriculture in action.
GACSA was launched in 2014 at the UN Climate Summit, and is a voluntary alliance of partners addressing the challenges facing food security and agriculture under a changing climate. The GACSA Facilitation Unit is hosted by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the UN (FAO).
- Documents related to Investment Action Group
- Documents related to Knowledge Action Group
- Documents related to Enabling Environment Action Group
- Documents related to Strategic Committee
Extract of the agenda:
- GACSA Country Case Studies – Interactive exchange among multiple stakeholders from each country (Costa Rica, France, Ireland, Malawi, Tanzania and Vietnam).
- Climate Finance and Investment – Take stock of how private and public investors are mainstreaming climate change into their agriculture projects and programmes.
- CSA Knowledge in Action -Highlight progress and results across the five priority work areas of the KAG.
- Regional CSA Alliances -Showcase the work of the regional alliances and platforms focused on CSA.
- CSA Innovators Pitch– 3 ‘Innovators’ will pitch their new idea/innovation on CSA.
Opportunities Ahead for CSA – Current gaps in scaling up CSA and opportunities for engagement.