6 – 9 May 2013. ADDIS ABABA. Global CIARD Consultation 2013: Access, Sharing and Transformation of Agricultural Data and Information.
The founders of the Coherence in Information for Agricultural Research for Development (CIARD ) movement organized a Global CIARD Consultation. The Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR) hosted the consultation on behalf of the partners at the International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) in Addis Ababa.
The objectives of the Consultation were:
- Review progress and achievements to date, and identify lessons learned.
- Consider the priority areas of action identified in 2011 and 2012.
- Determine a program of work for the next 2 years in relation to (a) advocacy/policy, (b) institutional/human capacities, and (c) technical issues.
- Revisit and reconsider the CIARD “Checklist” and “Pathways”the report
A review of the CIARD movement has been recently published on the CIARD website. It covers the following items:
1. CIARD origins and purpose
2. Timeline of Development of CIARD Resources and Activities
3. Outcomes of CIARD Activities (2008-2013)
4. General Issues and the CIARD of the Future
Appendix 1: CIARD Promotion at Meetings and Workshops
Appendix 2. CIARD Partners registered on CIARD Main site
Appendix 3: Top unique page views on www.ciard.net (January 2009-March 2013)
Appendix 4: Top page views of Pathways on www.ciard.net (January 2009 – March 2013)
Appendix 5: National Case Studies – Summary of key findings
Appendix 6: Study on Researcher Attitudes and Behaviour Towards the ‘Openness’ of Research Outputs in Agriculture and Related Fields (summary of the main findings)
Appendix 7: CIARD Framework for Action – Priorities identified in 2011 and 2012
The document also discusses the outcomes of the Partner Survey which took place in 2011 and the recent Global Survey which took place in April 2013.