14 November 2016. Banff Springs, Alberta, Canada. The Global Roundtable for Sustainable Beef (GRSB) is a global, multi-stakeholder initiative developed to advance continuous improvement in sustainability of the global beef value chain through leadership, science and multi-stakeholder engagement and collaboration. The GRSB envisions a world in which all aspects of the beef value chain are environmentally sound, socially responsible and economically viable.
Extract of the programme:
- “Assessing the Sustainability of the Global Beef Value Chain: An Irish Perspective” by Mr. Jim O’Toole, Director, Meat and Sustainability Development, Bord Bia + video/audio presentation
- “Field to Market – The Alliance for Sustainable Agriculture” by Mr. Rod Snyder, President, Field to Market, The Alliance for Sustainable Agriculture + video/audio presentation
- “Animal Welfare in the Sustainability Story” by Dr. Lesley Mitchell, Chief Policy Advisor and Head of Policy, World Animal Protection + video/audio presentation
- “How to Satisfy the Rising Demand for Animal Protein without Depleting Natural Resources”
- “A Producer’s Perspective” by Mr. Andrew Ogilvie (Australia) + video/audio presentation
by Dr. Frank Mitloehner, Professor and Air Quality Extension Specialist, Department of Animal Science, University of California – Davis + video/audio presentation