The Forum created opportunities for participants to learn from, and contribute to, land governance successes and challenges in Senegal and Africa. It facilitated dialogue to the highest political level on land reform in Senegal. Moreover, the global cope of the Forum enabled exchange across different national and regional contexts that allowed for not only identification of trends, but also the emergence of new perspectives and areas demanding common action.
Extract of the program: THE FUTURE OF SMALL-SCALE FARMING SYSTEMS
- Keynote Ibrahima Coulibaly, Mali Farmers’ Union
- Mr Michel Mordasini, IFAD;
- H.E. Ms Tumusiime Rhoda Peace, Commissioner for Rural Economy and Agriculture at the African Union (AU) (tbc);
- Mr Auxtin Ortiz, World Rural Forum
- Mr Mario Cerutti, Lavazza, Green Coffee & Corporate Relations Partner Manager;
- Mr Jean Ousman Camara (National Coordinator, Land Reform Coodrination, Government of Madagascar)
Animation: Promoting accountability in agricultural investment chains
- This five-minute animated film is part of a programme of work by the International Institute for Environment and Development (IIED) designed to help grassroots organisations understand the complexities of international investment chains, find opportunities to influence the terms of land deals and hold actors to account for any harm done.
- The animation was launched at the International Land Coalition Global Land Forum in Dakar , where it was shared with civil society organisations and grassroots organisations from all over the world during a panel discussing ‘lessons from experience on legal tools for citizen empowerment’ organised by IIED.