The SME Impact Fund is dedicated to providing loans, skills and knowledge to SMEs in agricultural value chains, thus unlocking the agricultural potential of East Africa.. By connecting smallholder farmers and agribusiness SMEs, the SME Impact Fund strengthens links between small rural entrepreneurs and regional, national and export markets. The SME Impact Fund is an initiative of the Match Maker Group.
Small and medium sized enterprises receive comprehensive guidance and support throughout the implementation of their proposed project. The SME Impact Fund has extensive and complementary experience in agribusiness in East Africa and in SME banking and investments in Africa and Europe.
- You are a duly registered company in Tanzania
- Your company processes agricultural commodities
- Your annual turnover exceeds TZS 200 million annually
- You work in close cooperation with your suppliers
- You are trustworthy and willing to share your financial data with the Fund
- You are able to provide tangible securities for the loan
As part of fulfillment of the ongoing assignment by Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF) to design an integrated value chain development (IVCD) project in Tanzania focusing on Common Bean and Groundnut, MMA organized a workshop in December 2014. A total of 31 key professionals and practitioners in the Legumes sector from East Africa region were brought together for two days to deliberate on the design parameters of the project.