29-30 January 2105. Paris, France. An inception workshop was organised to start up a newly EC funded project on Capacity Development for Agricultural Innovation Systems (CDAIS). This project will run for a period of 48 months. It involves 44 International and National Agricultural Research and Innovation Organisations that comprise the Partners of the Tropical Agriculture Platform.
- Coordinate and harmonize global efforts on CD for AIS through TAP mechanisms.
- Analyse, synthesise and document the diversity of CD for AIS definitions, approaches and methodologies
- Develop a Common Framework on CD for AIS
- Develop a shared vision of CD for AIS among partners in 8 countries
- Assess and develop country-led AIS-CD action plans in 8 pilot countries
- Establish/strengthen mechanisms/ platforms for advocacy, dialogue and action on AIS CD in 8 countries
- Improve capacity for strengthening capacity in AIS
- Improve capacity for joint innovation by local/national value chain partnerships
- Improve the organisational culture, practices and procedures of key stakeholder organisations 3.4 Review, analyze, document, synthesize and compare lessons learned across 8 pilot countries and share them at global level