31 August 2018. Interview with Dr. Udupa, Sripada
Biotechnologist / Geneticist Integrated Gene Management Programme International Center for Agricultural Research in Dry
Areas (ICARDA) Rabat / Morroco at the IPBO conference 2018: “Scientific innovation for a sustainable development of African agriculture”.
He answers following question:
Do you have an example of processing local food legumes?
He gives the example of the Morocco – India Food Legumes Initiative: Increasing food legumes production by small farmers to strengthen food and nutrition security through adoption of improved technologies and governance within south-south cooperation.
1- Title: Morocco – India Food Legumes Initiative: Increasing food legumes production by small farmers to strengthen food and nutrition security through adoption of improved technologies and governance within south-south cooperation
2- Project Executing Agency (PEA): Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique (INRA), Rabat, Morocco.
3- Location: Morocco
4- Project period: September 2013 – December 2018.
5- Objective : Dissemination and adoption of improved technologies and governance to increase productivity of food legumes through participatory knowledge management systems and South-South collaboration.
- Morocco : INRA (Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique), IAV Hassan II (Institut Agronomique et Vétérinaire Hassan II et la F-OCP ;
- India: ICAR (Indian Council of Agricultural Research)/Universities and, MSSRF (M. S. Swaminathan Research Foundation) ;
- Two CGIAR Centers : ICARDA (The International Center for Agricultural Research in the Dry Areas), ICRISAT (International Crops Research Institute for the Semi- Arid Tropics)
- OCP Foundation: OCP Foundation was created to carry out the social and societal commitment
of OCP Group. Its main goal is to develop and implement community programs, focusing mainly on the human development. Therefore, OCP Foundation, by adopting a participatory approach, establishes the basis of an integrated citizen action for an economic and social development of Morocco and of several Southern countries, within a South-South cooperation context.
|28 August 2018: Visit of @ShenggenFan (IFPRI)
to the ICARDA Cairo office
7- Technologies promoted in the Innovation Plateform (IP)
- IPM for no-till faba bean production and for winter chickpea production in Chaouia IP
- Fertilizers management strategies to equilibrate the soils fertility according to soil analyses and IPM package for lentil and faba bean production in Meknes IP
- IPM for lentil chickpea and pea production for human consumption and animal feed in Abda – Doukkala
- Fertilizers management strategies to equilibrate the soils fertility according to soil analyses carried out for all sites and ICM/IPM package for direct seeding in Zaer
- IPM package for lentil and faba bean production in Tadla IP
انتاج فيلم وثائقي حول المبادرة المغربية الهندية لتطوير زراعة القطاني
Production of Documentary film on india moroccan food legumes initiative
production d’un film documentaire sur l’Initiative marocaine indienne
8 August 2018. Dr. Jacques Wery, Deputy Director General-Research, ICARDA, talks about the Systems Approach to solve complex issues facing farmers and communities in the drylands.