10 February 2017. Brussels. ACP Secretariat. The launch of this cluster calls for a revitalized partnership between the private sector, ACP member states’ countries strategies and other stakeholders.
The rising of net food imports (expecting to grow from US$ 35bn in 2015 to over US$ 110bn by 2025) are indicative for a broader opportunity to transform agriculture construed as a business. The scale of imports demonstrates that demand exists.
Be4Ag CBL-ACP Cluster is an environment where the enterprises can develop a competitive and global edge. Getting there requires a strategic approach based on lessons learned.
- The Belgian support to agribusiness, Tom Neijens, Advisor of Deputy Vice Prime Minister and Minister of Development Cooperation
- CTA support to agribusiness development in ACP countries, Isoline Boto, CTA
- Sugar a sustainable commodity‖ by Paul Kronacker, Chairman of Group Sopex NV and Board Member of the European Association of Sugar Traders (ASSUC)
- A sustainable development approach‖, Paul Jacquet de Haveskercke, Director-Chief Strategic Officer, DURABILIS NV
- Inclusive activities of the DENYS Group in Sub Saharan Africa‖ by Johan Van Wassenhove, Managing Director, DENYS Group NV
More broadly Be4Ag CBL-ACP Cluster represents a new way of thinking, challenging much of the conventional wisdom about how companies should be configured, how institutions such as universities can contribute to competitive success, and how governments can promote economic development and prosperity.
Casibeans, Melsele, Belgium
The company is also active in Africa since many years (mainly Ethiopia, Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda) where it is working closely with suppliers, to advise them on how to improve production processes to meet European quality requirements.
Quality and product development have always been at the core of its activity. As such, the company was ahead of its time when in the 1990s it was the first to launch chips and biscuits made from beans under its brand Fiberking. Building on its product know how and its expertise of the entire value chain from seeding up to cleaning and logistics, nourishing established long standing relationships both with customers and suppliers, while continuously looking for new partners and origins to discover, the company remains a highly reputable player in the European industry today.