Emma Kambewa, Matieyedou Konlambigue, Bertus Wennink and Mariana Wongtschowski (Editors)
by the Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA) in partnership with The Royal Tropical Institute (KIT)
2013, 173 pages
AGRA and its partners, by this book, seek to propose various strategies─derived from lessons learnt over a period of time and across several AGRA projects─to make food markets more efficient and profitable to smallholder farmers in Africa. In summary, the book discusses six key issues including:
- Organization of farmers;
- bulking and collective marketing;
- market Information Systems.
- Promoting an enabling environment for access to finance
- Post-harvest handling and value addition,
- and Increasing demand through alternative use of staples.
27 November 27, 2013. Accra, Ghana. AGRA and Royal Tropical Institute launch new book: “Do All Roads Lead To Market?”