One CGIAR Global webinar series on Genome Editing in Agriculture: Innovations for Sustainable Production and Food Systems
The webinar series covers five (5) sessions between September 22 – October 20, 2020. Time: 1:30pm – 3:50pm (WAT) – for each webinar
- Webinar 1 – September 22, 2020 – Topic: Genome Editing in Agriculture: Innovations for Sustainable Production and Food Systems
- Webinar 2 – September 29, 2020 – Topic: Applications of Genome Editing in Agriculture: CGIAR Focus on Crop Improvement
- Webinar 3 – October 6, 2020 – Topic: Applications of Genome Editing in Agriculture: CGIAR Focus on Livestock and Aquaculture
- Webinar 4 – October 13, 2020 – Topic: Regulation and Genome Edited Plants
- Webinar 5 – October 20, 2020 – Topic: Path to Commercialization for Genome Edited Crops
The webinar series cover a number of timely topics, including:
- Applications of genome editing for crop and livestock improvement across CGIAR: An overview of the ongoing work in various CGIAR centers providing context for and examples of agricultural applications of the technology in plant and animal agriculture.
- Regulation of genome edited plants and animals: Exploring considerations that may impact how or when genome edited products may trigger regulatory oversight, with examples from various countries.
- Path to commercialization for genome editing crops: Addressing considerations of environmental and food safety for broad categories of genome edited plants (SDN1, SDN2 and SDN3). Exploring issues related to commercial release of genome edited plants, such as stewardship, trade, and regulatory and policy harmonization.