Introductory remarks: Patrick Gomes, Secretary-General, ACP Secretariat ; Wim Olthof, Deputy Head of Unit, Rural Development, Food Security, Nutrition, Europeaid, European Commission; Andreas Pletziger, Senior Policy Officer, BMZ (see picture), ; Michael Hailu, Director, CTA
This panel provided an overview of the opportunities and challenges in adopting the blockchain technology in agriculture and the agrifood industry across several sectors.
- Opportunities and challenges for blockchain in the agri-food industry – Mischa Tripoli, Economist, Trade and Markets Division, FAO [presentation|video]
- Blockchain applications for ACP sustainable agriculture – Chris Addison, Senior Expert, Data4Ag, CTA [presentation|video]
- Blockchain supporting food systems: private sector perspective – Louis de Bruin, Blockchain Thought Leader Europe, IBM Global Business Services [presentation|video]
- Blockchain legislation: the case of Uganda – Alice Namuli Blazevic, Expert Blockchain and AI, KATS, Uganda [presentation|video]
- Critical views on blockchain development: control and sovereignty – Pat Roy Mooney (see picture), Founder, ETC Group
Panel 2: Best practices in blockchain technology adoptionThis panel looked at specific examples of successful applications of the blockchain technology of interest to the ACP countries.
- Potential and successes of Blockchain for the agribusiness industry – Anthi Tsilimeni-Archangelidi, Business Analyst, EMEA Business Applications, Cargill [presentation|video]
- Opportunities of blockchain for famers in Africa – Theo de Jager, President, World Farmer’s Organisation (WFO) [presentation|video]
- Increasing price transparency through blockchain in the coffee chain in Ethiopia – Sander Govers, Moyee Coffee “FairChain”, Ethiopia [presentation|video]
- IBISA: Inclusive Blockchain Insurance using Space Assets – Annette Houtekamer, Expert in Inclusive Insurance, Ibisa [presentation|video]
- Blockchain applications in food safety – Erik Árokszállási, CEO, TE-FOOD International [presentation|video]