|Facilitator Patrick Egessa (left) and
EC evaluator of PAEPARD Hubert Cathala (right)
13th – 17th February 2012Kampala. Partner Inception meeting. Enhancing Soybean and Cowpea Value Chains for Increased Productivity, Incomes and Nutritional Security of Smallholder Farmers in Eastern and Central Africa.
Soybean and Cowpea Value Chains for Increased Productivity, Incomes and Nutritional Security of Smallholder Farmers in Eastern and Central Africa consortium is holding its inception meeting in Kampala- Uganda with support from PAEPARD and RUFORUM. The objectives of this meeting are;
- To bring together all partners of the consortium.
- Explore and design a framework of engagement in response to targeted calls.
- Gain an insight into all partners areas of expertise, skills and commitment.
- Explore linkages and collaborations
The meeting agreed to develop a criteria that would be used to assess the competitiveness of the legumes.
- Potential to increase employment
- Number of SMEs within the sector
- Potential for Value addition
- Potential to increase income
- Number of women and Youth – are their studies?
- Government involvement in the sector
- Research opportunities along the chain.