ANIMALCHANGE is providing a vision of the future of the livestock sector under climate change.
- Reduce uncertainties concerning GHG emissions from livestock systems.
- Include climate variability as part of impact assessment.
- Develop cutting-edge technologies for mitigation and adaptation to climate change.
- Assess economic and societal costs of business as usual and of adaptation and mitigation scenarios.
- Assess the vulnerability of livestock to climate change and feedbacks on GHG emissions.
- Provide direct support to set up policies for mitigation and adaptation to climate change for the livestock sector.
- Reach out to stakeholders by organising symposia, training of scientists, technicians and policy makers and forming a network to alert stakeholders of project outputs and events.
2nd and 3rd February 2015. “Livestock and Climate Change” Workshop in Nairobi, Kenya.
The event will include presentations and in-depth discussion on:
- Climate predictions for East Africa under different scenarios and implications on the livestock sector
- Mitigation and adaptation strategies that are relevant to East Africa.
- Socio Economic, Inventory and Policy perspectives
- Future implementation strategies for livestock systems that will adapt to climate change, will reduce emissions of greenhouse gases and increase efficiency of production.