- What are the research challenges for the dry and marginal environments?
- How can we trigger the demand for research products?
- What are technologies which can be easily upscaled?
- What are the research demands from the private sector?
- Can the DryArc research initiative contribute to technichal food processing research needs?
- How can the DryArc research initiative contribute to the food transition debate?
- How can donors reconcile the urgent research needs with long term research funding?
- How important is the South-South collaboration in the DryArc research initiative?
20-21 November 2019. Dubai, UAE. The Global Forum on Innovations for Marginal Environments is organized in view of enormous impact of soil and water salinization and climate change on ecosystems, agricultural productivity, livelihoods and food security worldwide. It is important to clearly map the marginal areas already afflicted by salinity, poor quality water, very high temperature posing risks on a global scale and develop and implement the adaptation and mitigation strategies with robust policy support to effectively and efficiently address the adverse effects.