26-29 May 2014, Lesotho. The Southern African Confederation of Agricultural Unions (SACAU), based in Pretoria and to which the Lesotho National Farmers Union (LENAFU) is a member, held its annual policy conference and Annual General Meeting (AGM) in Lesotho at the Maseru Sun International.
The central theme of the conference focused on livestock issues in the region; the main objective being to identify solutions and growth opportunities for producers and other stakeholders. Key areas in the dialogue covered:
- an overview on regional and global trends,
- scientific and technological advances,
- livestock and climate changes,
- livestock value chains and
- African socio-cultural aspects of livestock production.
- Botswana Agricultural Union (BAU)
- Lesotho National Farmers Union (LENAFU)
- Coalition paysanne de Madagascar (CPM) and Confederation des Agriculteurs Malagasy (FERRITAMA)
- Farmers Union of Malawi (FUM) and National smallholders Famers Association of Malawi (NASFAM)
- Uniao Nacional de Camponeses (UNAC) Namibia Agricultural Union (NAU) and Namibia Natioanal Farmers Union (NNFU)
- Seychelles Farmers Association (SEYFA) Agri South Africa (AgriSA) and African Farmers’ Association of South Africa (AFASA).
- Swaziland National Agricultural Union (SNAU),
- Agricultural Council of Tanzania (ACT).
- Zambia National Farmers Union (ZNFU),
- Commercial Farmers Union of Zimbabwe (CFU) and Zimbabwe Farmers Union (ZFU).