- How does innovation actually happen in smallholder farming?
- How can research advance the innovation process?
- How do European and African research, innovation and development actors cooperate in this domain?
Research on these issues is key both to support food and nutrition security and to inform development policy-making. Examples from the SREC platform (rural communities, environment and climate in West Africa) and the FP7 funded projects JOLISAA and INSARD demonstrated this during a lunchtime conference..
- Africa-Eu partnership 26/11 Agricultural research that incorporates innovation and experimentation by smallholder farmers
- See also policy brief: Building on local dynamics: 5 policy recommendations for enhancing innovation by African smallholder farmers