The “Farm to Fork” Strategy, adopted by the European Commission on 20th May, 2020, is part of the Commission’s Green Deal and integral to Europe’s ambitious response to climate change and environmental challenges along the food chain. It reflects the ongoing transformation of food systems worldwide and the goal of making Europe’s food system the gold standard for sustainability.
Along with the “Biodiversity Strategy”, the European Union seeks to demonstrate that green best practices can be successful in jointly increasing economic efficiency and environmental and climate sustainability in European and global agriculture.
- Opening Remarks – Johan Swinnen, Director General, IFPRI
- Sabine Juelicher, Director, Food and Feed Safety, Directorate-General for Health and Food Safety, European Commission
- John Clarke, Director, International Relations, Directorate-General for Agriculture, European Commission
- Humberto Delgado Rosa, Director, Natural Capital, Directorate-General for Environment, European Commission (Presentation)
- Moderator – Valeria Piñeiro, Senior Research Coordinator, IFPRI