The briefing presented trends and discussed the sustainable and healthy food systems, the future of work in agriculture and the need for new skills in very complex food chains, the effects of disruptive innovations, fair and inclusive value chains and trade.
Introductory remarks: Patrick Gomes, Secretary General, ACP Group ; Leonard Mizzi, Head of Unit Rural Development, Food Security, Nutrition, Europeaid, European Commission; Michael Hailu, Director, CTA.
- Trends and critical issues to look forward : food systems in motion Patrick Caron, Co-President Foresight4Food, Vice-President University of Montpellier, Cirad
- Incentivizing food systems transformation through innovations Sean de Cleene Head of Food Systems Initiative and Member of the Executive Committee, World Economic Forum
- Partnerships for transforming the world’s food system Fabrice DeClerck, EAT Science Director and Scientist of the Alliance of Bioversity and CIAT
- Farmers and food systems: What future for small-scale agriculture? Elizabeth Nsimadala, President, Panafrican Farmers Organisation
- What agrifood challenges and opportunities ahead for Small-Island Developing States? Len Ishmael, Advisor, Global Affairs Brussels Diplomatic Academy; Vrije Universiteit Brussel ; Visiting Professor at the Mohammed V1 University, Morocco
- Farmer-led food systems at the core of agricultural transformation Marissa Ryan, Global Deputy Director of Advocacy, Head of Oxfam’s EU
27/02 Addis Abeba. The 10th African Union (AU)- European Union (EU) Commission-to-Commission Meeting
04/03. Brussels. Launch Africa-EU strategy
October 2020. Brussels. 6th EU-African Union Summit