6-8 December 2016. Dubai. The International Quinoa Conference 2016: “Quinoa for Future Food and Nutrition Security in Marginal Environments”.
Organizers: the International Center for Biosaline Agriculture (ICBA) in collaboration with the Ministry of Climate Change and Environment of the United Arab Emirates, Zayed University, the Islamic Development Bank (IDB), and the Arab Bank for Economic Development in Africa (BADEA), with the technical contribution of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO).
- Brought together leading scientists, practitioners and decision-makers from the public and private sectors in a mix conducive to innovation and technology transfer
- Explorec opportunities for collaboration between the public and private sectors
- Showcasec the latest developments in quinoa research, production and trade around the world
- Highlightdc quinoa uses and niche market opportunities
- Connectdc young professionals to experienced professionals
- The worldwild potential of quinoa – Jacobson S.E. Copenhagen of University, Denmark
- Quinoa introduction in West-Africa: experience of Burkina Faso – Dao A., Institute of Environment and Agricultural Research (INERA), Burkina Faso
- Adaptability of quinoa in Eastern and Southern Africa: Potential implications for food security and climate change adaptation – Mukankusi C., International Center for Tropical Agriculture (CIAT), Uganda
- Quinoa performance under the hot- dry weather of Sudan – Maarouf I.M., Former National Consultant of the FAO quinoa project in Sudan, Sudan
- Performance of quinoa genotypes in different ecological areas of central districts in Malawi –
- Muhota P.T., Lilongwe University of Agriculture and Natural Resources (LUANAR), Malawi
- Adaptability of quinoa to adverse climatic and soil conditions – Boukary H., Director of Regional Center of Agronomic Research, Niger
- Quinoa adaptability, participatory varietal selection and recipe development in Kenya – Wanderi S., Kenya Agricultural and Livestock Research Organisation (KALRO), Kenya