- 30/11 Leveraging public procurement to accelerate SDG implementation
- 30/11 15:15 CET. Side event: Behaviour Change at Scale: The event will showcase successful community-based sustainable farming initiatives and feed workable farm-based biodiversity solutions into the Post-2020 Biodiversity Framework.
- 02/12 The role of food systems in achieving the 2030 Agenda: with the Chairs of the Food Systems Summit Action Tracks
- 02/12 Side-event: Food Systems Multi-Stakeholder Governance Mechanisms: Lessons from Nairobi, Quito and India.
- 02/12. Stimulating Markets for Agroecology through Public Policy. Four panelists will discuss how public policies can enable, transform and consolidate markets for agro-ecology based on the experiences in their regions.
- 03/12. 15:30 CET. Side-event: Sustainable Food Systems in the Mediterranean
- 03/12. 12:00 CET. Innovating for Sustainable Food Systems. Panelists from all over the world will discuss how to achieve food systems transformation through innovative inclusive multi-stakeholder collaboration!
- The aim of the webinar is to present complementary and joint work areas of Agrinatura and FAO in the next three years, with the main objective to strengthen Agricultural innovation Systems (AIS) and partnerships between Universities and Research Centres throughout Europe and developing countries for inclusive, responsible and impactful agricultural innovations, in the context of sustainable agricultural development and food security.
1 December 2020 SEEDx for data-driven insights for mainstreaming new varieties. Organised by ICRISAT
- The webinar will focus on core elements of food systems, external drivers, and political economy issues that facilitate or impede important changes in food systems – focusing on the Ethiopian context, followed by discussion of audience questions.
- Incl. Dr. Namukolo Covic – Sr. Research Coordinator, IFPRI, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
1-2 December 2020. First Biennial Africa Climate Smart Agriculture Stakeholders Conference CAADP-XP4 Organizations (FARA, AFAAS, CORAF, ASARECA, CCARDESA) and Partners (AUDA-NEPAD, FAO, CCAFS, AGNES, CSAYN)
1-2 December 2020. Two-part webinar series on Green Deal Africa Call
- The two-part webinar series are looking to increase awareness and understanding of the Horizon 2020 (i.e. H2020) research and innovation programme and opportunities for African organisations. In particular, the webinars will focus on the ‘Accelerating the green transition and energy access Partnership with Africa (TOPIC ID: LC-GD-2-3-2020)’ call which is currently open.
- The first session is mainly aimed at African organisations (e.g. research organisations, start-ups, NGOs, tech-hubs, corporate innovations) interested in learning more about H2020 and application procedures. The second session (i.e. matchmaking) is aimed at European and African organisations looking to connect with potential partners for the Africa Green Deal call. You can participate in one or both sessions.
- Draft report “Agricultural Tertiary and Vocational Education and Training (ATVET) in Africa: Overview and integration within broader agricultural knowledge and innovation systems” by Richard Hawkins of iCRA
3 December 2020. 17:00 CEST. Towards the 2021 UN Summit on Food Systems: An enhanced Africa-Europe partnership on sustainable agriculture
- 03/12. 15:00 CEST. Africa Europe Strategy Group on Agriculture – Inception Meeting. This event is exclusively for members of the Africa Europe Strategy Groups.
3 December 2020. UNSCN Webinar series – Nutrition in a Digital World! Episode 3: Digital solutions for data driven decision making, to help improve nutrition of vulnerable groups and to address inequalities
9-10 December 2020. Scaling Insights for Sustainable Food Systems. 10/12: ECDPM Sustainability transitions of food systems: A political affair
10-12 December 2020. Virtual APIEXPO AFRICA 2020
12 December 2020. 5th anniversary of the Paris Agreement
18-22 January 2021. Global Forum for Food and Agriculture (GFFA) 2021
8 – 12 February 2021. Committee for Food Security 47