learning from the COVID-19 pandemic experience: What role can partnerships between FAO and academic institutions play? Academia Perspectives Roundtable
1 July 2020. Market-led Interventions for Seed Security Response
2 July 2020. Innovative Financing Mechanism for Agricultural Research and Development in Africa “Towards Achieving the African Union’s recommendation of expenditure 1% GDP on Research and Development” Organised by AU-SAFGRAD/ Semi-Arid Food Grain Research and Development
7 July 2020. 4:00-5:30 PM CEST (10:00 AM EST). Webinar. “Build Back Better: How to Prepare for the Coming Climate Disruption”. By World Resources Institute – WRI.
7 July 2020. 9:00-10:00 PM CEST (3:00 PM EST). Webinar. “The Global Impact of Climate Change”. By Yale International Alliance.
7-9 July 2020. Nature-based Solutions Initiative will be hosting a virtual event, NbS Digital Dialogues, to discuss key issues around NbS and draw conclusions that can be fed into the UN summits on biodiversity and climate change in late 2020/early 2021. NbS Digital Dialogues will serve as a primer to the Nature-based Solutions Conference, now postponed to July 2021, with many of our speakers for the 2021 conference contributing to this virtual event as well.
9 July 2020. Webinar. Covid response in EU External Action financing
9 July 2020. 14:00 – 16:00 CEST (Central European Summer Time). Technology and Innovation in Agriculture a Catalyst to Africa’s Growth. Organised by AFAP
9 July 2020 @14:00 – 15:30 (GMT+2). Zoominar VIII: Innovation in social protection in response to COVID-19 in the NENA region: Building on best practices cases Organised by FAO
- Wednesday 10 July: Fall armyworm identification, monitoring and current status
- Thursday 11 July: Options to respond to fall armyworm in Asia
- Friday 12 July: Responding to fall armyworm on-farm
- The State of Food Security and Nutrition in the World 2020 (SOFI 2020) report presents the most recent and authoritative estimates of the extent of hunger, food insecurity and malnutrition around the world.
- This year, the report includes a special focus on transforming food systems for affordable healthy diets.
- It analyses the cost and affordability of healthy diets around the world, by region and in different development contexts.
- New analysis is presented on the “hidden” health and climate change costs associated with current food consumption patterns, as well as the cost savings in case there is a shift towards sustainable, healthy diets.
- SOFI 2020 also offers policy recommendations to transform current food systems and make them able to deliver affordable healthy diets for all, an endeavor that is crucial to achieve Zero Hunger (SDG2).
15th July 2020. 14:00 CEST/CAT. Webinar ‘Delivering food for Africa in a transforming agri-food system in the ‘new normal’. Organised by RUFORUM
15 July 2020 15:00-16:00 CEST. Markets and Infrastructure: The Role of Market Access in Shaping Diets in Bangladesh, Uganda, and Nepal
- It will help you understand what SBC is really about, why some people do not follow the promoted behaviours and how you can integrate SBC into your projects effectively. The speaker, Danielle Chekaraou, is an experienced SBC practitioner who will share with you practical tips, show useful examples and answer your questions. Find out more information at https://anh-academy.org/sbc-webinar-1 and register now at : https://www.anh-academy.org/sbc-webinar-registration-1.
- The entire webinar series is an excellent opportunity for people to gain key knowledge, useful skills and inspiration to facilitate behaviour change in an effective way. Therefore, we encourage you to share this invitation with your colleagues and partner organizations across the world. Recording in English and with French subtitles will be available.
16 July 2020. 03:00 – 4:00 PM CEST. Drone Con 2020: the decade of the drone | Webinar Series | Precision Agriculture. Incl. Dr. Yemi Akinbamijo / FARA
17 July 2020. 9 AM – 10 AM CEST. High-level Political Forum 2020 Review. The International Institute for Sustainable Development organises a panel discussion and Q&A session the day after the Forum closed.
20 July [email protected]:00 – 15:30 (GMT+2) Zoominar IX: Role of Farmer Organizations in Agri-Food Systems Innovation. FAO
20 July [email protected]:00 Exploring the role of trees in large-scale carbon dioxide removal. – Li Fang, Chief Representative, World Resource Institute Beijing Representative Office, China
- – Martin Frick, Deputy to the Special Envoy, UN Food Systems Summit 2021
- – Thelma Krug, Senior Researcher (retired) at National Institute for Space Research, Brazil and Vice-Chair of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change
- – Kelsey Perlman (speaking on behalf of CAN International), Forest and Climate Campaigner, Fern
- – Artur Runge-Metzger, Director for Climate Strategy, Governance and Emissions from non-trading sectors, DG CLIMA, European Commission
- – Janos Pasztor, Executive Director, C2G (Moderator)
Thirteen years ago, Choices International started as a foundation to promote a healthy choice logo to
help prevent overweight and non-communicable diseases.
22 July 2020. 12:30 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. (CEST). Parliamentarians’ Actions for Gender Equality and Resilient Food Systems in Response to COVID-19 series. See the event webpage here and the concept note here.
29 July 2020. WEBINAR. 3 PM CEST. Cost and Affordability of Nutritious Diets Globally
30 July 2020. WEBINAR. 5:30 AM – 7:00 AM CEST Transforming Food Systems in Myanmar, Vietnam, Philippines and Cambodia
20 SEP – 23 SEP 2020. MONTPELLIER, FRANCE. 4th International Conference on Global Food Security. This conference will address the triple burden of malnutrition: hunger, micronutrient deficiencies and obesity.
22-26 October 2020. Free online e-conference “Responding to Fall Armyworm in Africa”