U.S. Government agencies that are part of the Feed the Future initiative will develop an updated U.S. Government’s Global Food Security Research Strategy to help achieve sustainable reductions in hunger, poverty and malnutrition through science, technology and innovation.
- Robert BertramChief Scientist, USAID Bureau for Resilience and Food Security Rob Bertram is the Chief Scientist in USAID’s Bureau for Resilience and Food Security, where he serves as a key adviser on a range of technical and program issues to advance global food security and nutrition.
- Renee LafitteDeputy Director for Crops R&D, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation Renee Lafitte is Deputy Director for Crops R&D in the Agricultural Development group at the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. She has a background in crop physiology, agronomy, and agro-ecology, with experience in technology
- Shibani GhoshResearch Associate Professor, Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy Shibani Ghosh is a public health nutritionist and Research Associate Professor at the Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy within the Food and Nutrition Policy and Programs Division.
- Keith Fuglie Economist, U.S. Department of Agriculture Keith Fuglie is an economist with the Economic Research Service, U.S. Department of Agriculture, where he conducts research on the economics of technological change and science policy for agriculture.
- Angela Records Science Advisor, USAID Bureau for Resilience and Food Security Angela Records is a Science Advisor in the Bureau for Resilience and Food Security, where she manages crop improvement, plant disease, and postharvest handling research programs.