23—24 November 2020. Bold Actions for Food as a Force for Good
This joint-partner organized event is co-led by the World Economic Forum, Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN), International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD), World Farmers Organization, World Business Council for Sustainable Development, Unilever, PepsiCo, Royal DSM, Rabobank, One Young World, Tufts University’s Friedman School of Nutrition Science & Policy, Wageningen University & Research, and the Government of The Netherlands.
23 November 2020. 10:00 – 11:30 (CET). An African Perspective on the 2021 Food Systems Summit This session is hosted by Africa Green Revolution Forum (AGRF)
With fewer than 10 years left to meet the 2030 Sustainable Development Goals, the UN Food Systems Summit in 2021 presents an opportunity to bring together stakeholders to address these challenges and unlock barriers to food systems transformation.
- Alan Jope Chief Executive Officer, Unilever
- Estrella Penunia Secretary-General, Asian Farmers’ Association for Sustainable Rural Development (AFA)
- Sabrina Dhowre Elba United Nations International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) Goodwill Ambassador, International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD)
- Kate Robertson Founder, One Young World Massimo Bottura Chef and Owner, Osteria
- Francescana Karen TsoCo-Anchor and Journalist, CNBC International (Europe)
- Geraldine Matchett Co-Chief Executive Officer and Chief Financial Officer, Royal DSM NV
- Agnes Matilda KalibataSpecial Envoy, United Nations Food Systems Summit
- Sunny G. VergheseCo-Founder & Group Chief Executive Officer, Olam International Ltd
- Dominic Kailash Nath WaughrayManaging Director, World Economic Forum
- 23 November 2020. 14:45 – 16:00 (CET). Our Generation’s Challenge: Getting Young People Back into Farming. This session is hosted by One Young World, Scale Up Nutrition movement (SUN), UN Major Group for Children and Youth (UNMGCY), and the UN Food Systems Summit Secretariat
- 23 November 2020. 16:15 – 17:30 (CET). Forces for Financing Food Systems Transformation
- This session will examine existing public, private and blended financial sources for each of the Action Tracks in support of the UN Food Systems Summit in 2021, and serve as a call for action to find new finance solutions and business models.
- 24 November 2020. 10:30 – 12:00 (CET) The Poultry Solution: Delivering More and Better Outcomes for Southern Africa Countries. Hosted by Bain, WEF and SACAU
- 24 November 2020. 10:30 – 12:00 (CET) Working together for resilient food systems: towards a Europe – Africa platform for research and innovation LEAP4FNSSA project together with RUFORUM and EFARD, is organising the panel
- 24 November 2020. 12:00 – 13:30 (CET) The Climakers – A farmers driven climate change agenda towards the sustainability of food systems This session is hosted by World Farmers’ Organisation
- 24 November 2020. 12:00 – 13:30 (CET) Evidence for Desirable Food System Transformation
- As a run-up to the UN Food System Summit, IFAD and WUR are partnering in addressing the above question in the IFAD Rural Development Report (RDR) 2021 (16 pages)
- 24 November 2020. 14:00 – 15:30CET. Food Action Alliance: Advancing Action in Africa This session is hosted by the Food Action Alliance and the Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa, AGRA