10 May 2021. This year is marked by a once-in-a-generation event, the UN Food Systems Summit. In the lead-up to this historic event, speakers will discuss high-impact innovations that are radically transforming food systems for the better. Our world is changing—can we change with it? The pandemic has shown the fragility of food systems and how their breakdown impacts health, economies, and the environment. Rethinking food systems is a shared responsibility that requires bold cooperation, commitments, and action from the public and private sectors.
Game-changing innovations and high-impact solutions have the potential to radically transform the food system into a more sustainable, inclusive, nutritious, and resilient one.
- How can new research, technologies, and innovations be leveraged?
- What are the impacts on people, the planet, and prosperity?
Convened annually by the Global Food and Agricultural Program of the Chicago Council on Global Affairs, the symposium on global agriculture and food security provides a platform for discussion about the US government and the international community’s progress on addressing the problem of food insecurity.
- Ivo H. Daalder, President, Chicago Council on Global Affairs
- Mark Suzman, CEO, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation BMGF
- Claudia Sadoff, Executive Management Team Convener and Managing Director, Research Delivery and Impact, CGIAR
- Tom Vilsack, Secretary, US Department of Agriculture Elliott Grant, General Manager of Mineral at X, The Moonshot Factory
- Dan Harburg, Vice President of Global Head of Carbon Quantification, Indigo Agriculture
- Riana Lynn, Founder, Journey Foods
- Rebekah Moses, Head of Impact Strategy, Impossible Foods
- Louisa Burwood-Taylor, Head of Media and Research, AgFunder
- Peggy Yih, Managing Director, Center on Global Food and Agriculture, Chicago Council on Global Affairs